MOST of the advice that you're getting about starting and growing a YouTube channel or online business are just plain WRONG.
Everyone is telling you, "man, you just gotta hit record and start uploading. You gotta just start putting content out there and you'll get better as you go."
And just to be clear, I don't TOTALLY disagree with part of this advice.
IT IS TRUE that content creation is a skill that's going to take time and practice to get good at.
BUT, where I disagree is with the "just start uploading" part.
Because you need to know a few things BEFORE you "just start uploading".
What are the problems they have that you can solve?
Is it a problem you've solved for yourself or for someone else?
What are their hopes, dreams and aspirations?
Do you have a process you can teach that will get them from point A to point B?
How are you going to help them solve their problems?
How are you going to deliver them to their hopes and dreams?
Because, as Stephen Covey said, "you don't want to climb a ladder that's leaning against the wrong wall." You want to make sure your niche is profitable before you spend 3 years (like I did) beating your head against a wall.
I see so many aspiring content creators just go "all in" on a niche that they haven't properly tested, only to get frustrated and quit because they didn't know that there is either too little demand or the market is too big to get into without spending a ton of money to compete with the "big players".
You want to do some testing of your market idea before you hurl yourself headlong into ALL the work that goes into creating content.
I cover these 5 in much greater depth in this video.
Now, if you're prone to procrastination (like we all are at times) these exercises are NOT an excuse to not do anything and just "think" about your idea some more.
You don't want do do that. This is ACTUALLY a call to action.
And I want for you to do this because there's nothing more discouraging than the "speaking into the void" almost all of us experience when we step into content creation.
The key is to:
1) make sure you're entering the right market (for you),
2) that you're constantly asking your market some key questions about their single most important issues so that
3) you can get a REAL understanding of what they want so that you can give it to them.
Just willy-nilly starting an online business, YouTube channel without knowing these things is a delicious recipe for burnout and I don't want you to get burned out.
And, two additional FREE resources that will be SUPER helpful for you if you’re thinking of starting and growing and online business are:
1) My FREE START. An Online Business guide… It outlines the process of how to get started in 6-easy to follow step... AND
2) This video here… that walks you through the 6 steps of both setting up and scaling your online business.
Whenever you're ready, there are 2 ways I can help you:
1. If you're wanting forward momentum in your business, I'd recommend starting with an affordable course:
➡️ The ADAPTIVE. Solopreneur - Course Bundle: Productize your knowledge with my niche validation, content, marketing, audience attraction and traffic growth system. Everything you need to start, grow and scale a profitable solopreneur business.
2. Register for my next free in-depth workshop on how to start, grow and scale an online business from a side-hustle to six-figures and beyond: Register here.
Take this FREE 60-second quiz and find out what type of online business is the best fit for your personality and goals.